Monday, July 13, 2009

T-shirt Quilt



My friend Kylie's birthday was coming up and she's also the crafty type (but more on the artsy side of that realm) and I knew I wanted to make her a quilt. I went through my fabric stash and didn't really see anything that popped out at me. Then I went through a stash of old clothes to see if anything there might work. Voila! Nate's old t-shirts were perfect. They were soft, colorful and destined for a better life than the goodwill pile. I also found a multicolored heart knit fabric that I knew Kylie would love and stitched them all together to make this quilt. I used four t-shirts for the back and the heart fabric and two t-shirts for the front and then cut out a letters cool owl logo from some of the t-shirt remains and made the quilt distinctly Kylie's.

It's not humongous but perfect for one person to curl up in and its super warm (the inside layer is fleece) so perfect for chilly evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment