Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hooded Sweatshirt Jacket


I never ended up posting this sweatshirt I made my sister for her birthday this summer. I just found the pictures so I'm posting it now. I'm pretty proud of this sweatshirt/hoodie/jacket.

Nate was camping so I was home alone and stayed up until 4am one night making this for my sister's birthday. It's up-cycled from a strange yet awesome cardigan found at the thrift store that I bought to make into a hoodie. I used various other t-shirt scraps for the lining, hood and pockets. I started getting fancy with some of the decorative stitches on my still newish sewing machine and really love how it came out.


Now my sister has a kick-ass sweatshirt with long enough sleeves, an interior pocket, and it bears the Lacoste logo, which means I spent lots of money on it right? I used only stuff I had on hand which worked out well until I went searching for a long enough zipper. I had none, so I decided to use buttons, but of course I didn't have enough matching buttons in the size I wanted. I ended up stealing them off an old chef's coat I had, which means I need more jackets for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment