Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Tote Bags

I made my mom and my mother-n-law Christmas tote bags this year. They were both upcycling projects. The red snowflake bag is made from a thrifted tablecloth and doily. I had to handstich the doily onto the fabric before I sewed the bag. Then I used some great decorative stitches for all the edging. I really love how this bag came out.

The Christmas Story bag is upcycled from thrifted t-shirts, one a Christmas Story t-shirt and the other just a plain green t-shirt. I used two shirts to make this bag and loosely followed a pattern from the book Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt. This bag is not quite as sturdy as the other, but was able to hold a 9-lb cat comfortably (well, I'm not sure if the cat was comfortable) so I deem it still pretty sturdy.

1 comment: